“The accounts of these giant remain are too numerous and too far-flung for all of them to have been lost, stolen, or secreted away. And yet, I truly believe the accounts. They are supported not only by an overwhelming body of evidence found in mythology, but an equally overwhelming body of archeological evidence.”
GIANTS ON THE EARTH
by Boyd Rice
Since the offspring of the Nephilim were said to be giants, and because virtually every tradition relating to the Flood and the subsequent arrival of the tutelary gods also has to do with giants, I have spent several years making note of giant lore, both mythological and purportedly historical. I’ve even taken to the road in an attempt to verify reported discoveries of gigantic skeletons in parts of the United States and UK (without luck, unfortunately). Though such discoveries were widely reported in the mainstream press at the times in which they were made, whatever became of the skeletons remains a mystery.
Some maintain that the orthodoxy of the scientific/archeological community has created a conspiracy of silence around such anomalous finds because they can’t be adequately explained, and thus constitute some sort of threat to the prevailing paradigm. Of course, such finds can only be viewed as anomalies if taken singly. Many such discoveries would constitute the emergence of a pattern – a pattern possibly indicative of the need to rethink the prevailing wisdom.
Fortunately, the ancients charged with the transmission of their people’s history, myth, and folklore felt no need to alter it for public consumption. They simply retold the stories that had been passed down to them by their ancestors. And here too, a pattern emerges, because the creation myths central to so many ancient cultures contain nearly identical themes concerning a race of giants. Often the giants were father gods, tutelary deities, or mythic kings. Often there was a race of giants, frequently said to be the offspring of intermarriage between gods and mortals. Repeatedly, such figures are connected with the legend of a global deluge. What follows is a brief overview of some figures or groups central to giant lore:
- The Nephilim: These were the Sons of God who in Genesis interbred with humans, creating a race of giants. They were called “The Watchers” in The Book of Enoch.
- The Cainites: This was a race of giants descended from Cain who lived in an underworld kingdom called “Arka.” Note that the well-known statement in Genesis that “in those days, and after that, there were giants on the earth” is in fact not what the original text stated. What it really said was “giants in the earth.”
- The Anakim: This was another name for the Watchers. It means “the descendants of Anak”, or Enoch, Cain’s son. Though it was said that a flood had been sent to destroy them, there were still entire cities of Anakim in Canaan as late as the time of Moses. And Jewish chronicler Josephus states that even in his own day it was not uncommon for people to dig up gigantic skeletal remains. Spies sent by Moses to scout Anakim strongholds reported back that the Anakim were so large that the Hebrews seemed “like grasshoppers” in comparison.
- The Tritons: This was a race of giant gods, spawned by the interbreeding of Poseidon with a mortal woman named Cleito. In some versions of the story they are part-fish. Some are said to have escaped the flood that destroyed Atlantis.
- The Titans: These were a Greek race of giants born to Ouranos and Gaia. It is undoubtedly a later retelling of the Triton saga.
- Atlas: He was the King of Atlantis, and a Triton/giant. He was so large and so strong that he was often represented holding the Earth upon his shoulders.
- Quetzalcoatl: This was the giant white god who appeared to native South Americans and founded their civilizations, according to their folktales. He too is depicted supporting the Earth on his shoulders, and he told the natives that the civilization from which he originated was destroyed by a flood which he escaped by building a ship.
- Hercules: He is also a giant, and is said to have piloted an ark.
- Cuculainn: He is called the Irish Hercules, and came to Ireland in a ship when his homeland was destroyed by a flood. Interestingly, he seems to equate with the South American white god Kukulcan, a figure of “very tall stature” who arrived on a boat telling much the same story.
- Votan: This is yet another tall white tutelary deity of South America. Once again, we see the strange circumstance that his name sounds exactly like that of the Northern European god Wotan, a deity worshipped in an altogether different hemisphere.
- The Ari: These were a race of Sumerian deified kings. “Ari” is a royal title meaning “the Shining Ones.” They were obviously the prototypes of The Book of Enoch’s Watchers. Numerous Sumerian seals depict them as men of gigantic stature. They are often taller than members of their courts, even when depicted seated on thrones. In the numerous seals that show them standing, they tower above those standing next to them.
- The Tuatha de Danaan: This was a race of Celtic giants and father gods. Like the Cainites and other giants, they were said to dwell in underground kingdoms or inside hollow mountains. One of the chief deities was Lugus, a name that translates to “shining one”, revealing an astonishing connection to Sumer’s deified giant kings.
- The Ellu: This was a race of Mesopotamian kings said to be descendants of the gods. Yet again, “Ellu” is a royal court title which translates to “the Shining Ones.” It is thought that “Ellu” was the basis of the word “Elohim”, a term translated generally as “the sons of God.” The Elohim are considered by some to be synonymous with the Nephilim of Genesis.
- Albion: He was one of the Titan giants fathered by Poseidon. He came to England after the Flood and was for many years the island’s principal god. In those times England was actually called “Albion”, after their Titan god/king. In fact, many British places place-names retain the words “Albion” or “Albany” to this very day.
- Iberius: A Titan and brother of Albion, he went to Spain after the Flood. And likewise, Spain was for centuries named “Iberia” in his honor.
- King Arthur: There is some Arthurian lore which claims that he piloted an ark during the Deluge, and this legend also relates that he stood just over nine feet tall. King Henry II, inspired by stories that Arthur was buried at Glastonbury, dispatched a team there to excavate the area. At a depth of nine feet, they found a lead cross inscribed with the words: “Here lies the body of King Arthur.” Sixteen feet below that was a stone sarcophagus containing the bones of a man nine feet tall. Skeptics put forth the argument that the lead cross could have been forged by local abbots wishing to draw attention (and donations) to their abbey. Such an argument, however, fails to address the fact that the nine-foot skeleton discovered beneath the cross would tend to negate the notion that this could have been a mere hoax. Later, in the early 1500s, another gigantic coffin was disinterred, and found to contain a skeleton eight feet and three inches tall. History fails to record what became of these later bones, although those of Arthur were respectfully re-interred.
- The Cyclopses: The Cyclopses were one-eyed giants in Greek mythology. It was said that they built the city of Mycenae in Greece out of massive blocks weighing many tons each. This is why similar constructions found at Baalbek, Lake Titicaca and elsewhere are referred to as having “cyclopean” architecture.
- The Cabiri: This was a race of giant blacksmith gods said to live in hollowed-out volcanoes. They had tattoos on their foreheads of a large solar disc, leading to speculation that the myth of the one-eyed Cyclopses may have originated with them.
- The Cimbri: These were giants living in Celtic Gaul. They had long manes of blond hair and a fierce, warlike demeanor, all of which led them to be compared to lions. They were also known as the “Cimmerians”, which may be suggestive of a Sumerian connection.
It was difficult in writing the foregoing descriptions not to make them all sound incredibly redundant. But in order to state the basic facts in their simplest form, redundancy was a necessity, because all of these legends involve essentially the same story told over and over again. In some instances, not only were the stories identical, but so too were the names of the protagonists, such as Kukulcan/Cuculainn, and Votan/Wotan.
It is astounding enough that we should see identical myths in places as widely removed from one another as South America and the British Isles, but that the names of the respective flood heroes so echo one another is utterly remarkable. It would seem an altogether reasonable conclusion to draw from such evidence that perhaps these myths might have some basis in truth. Perhaps the figures were indeed real men, and perhaps those men were giants.
But if a real race of giants once inhabited the Earth, why haven’t people in recent centuries been digging up gigantic skeletons? According to author Stephen Quayle, they have. Quayle recently published Genesis 6 Giants, the result of over thirty years of research into Grail lore. The book is replete with biblical and extra-biblical accounts of giants, mythological accounts of giants, profiles on famous giants in history, and countless reports of people across the globe digging up the remains of giants. What follows are a few accounts of such excavations:
- Item: In 1891, at Crittenden, Arizona, some workers digging the foundation of a new building at a depth of eight feet struck a huge stone sarcophagus. When they were able to open the lid, inside were the remains of a nine-foot-tall giant which time had reduced mostly to a pile of dust.
- Item: While searching in a cave near the great canyon of Barranc de Cobre in northern Mexico in the early 1930s, explorer Paxton Hayes came across 34 mummified men and women. All had blond hair. All rose to heights between seven and eight feet.
- Item: In 1833, soldiers digging a pit at Lompock Rancho, California unearthed a twelve-foot-tall giant with double rows of teeth, both on top and on the bottom. The Lompock giant’s teeth, while unusual, were not unique. Another ancient skeleton later found on Santa Rosa Island off the coast of California showed the same dental peculiarity.
- Item: In 1879, some Indiana archeologists dug into an ancient burial mound in Brewersville, Indiana and unearthed a human skeleton that measured nine feet and eight inches in length. The bones, which were stored in a grain mill, were swept away in the 1937 Flood.
- Item: In the 1880s, while digging in a mound at Sayre in Bradford County, Pennsylvania, a reputable group of antiquarians found skeletons of humans measuring not only above seven feet tall, but having skulls with horns about two inches above the eyebrows.) The diggers, including two professors and a Pennsylvania state historian, turned what they found over to the American Investigating Museum in Philadelphia, but the bones were afterwards either misplaced, stolen, or lost.
- Item: In 1903, on an archeological outing at Fish Creek, Montana, Professor S. Farr and his group of Princeton University students came across several burial mounds. Choosing one to dig into, they unearthed the skeleton of a man about nine feet tall. Next to him were the bones of a woman who had been almost as tall.
- Item: Nature, in its December 17, 1891 issue, reported that at a depth of fourteen feet into a large Ohio burial mound, excavators found the skeleton of a massive man in copper armor. He wore a copper cap, while copper moldings encased his jaws. Copper armor also protected his arms, chest and stomach. At his side lay the skeleton of a woman, probably his wife.
- Item: In the 1860s, some excavators digging up a hill in Marion, Ohio uncovered thirty skeletons who ranged in height from seven to eight feet.
- Item: In the early years of the twentieth century, a team clearing out bat guano from a cavern near Lovelock, Nevada discovered several giant cadavers measuring well over eight feet in height. Their hair, still intact, was said to have been long and “reddish” in color.
The foregoing accounts, taken almost in their entirety from Quayle’s Genesis 6 Giants, have been culled from a wide variety of sources, and represent only a small sample of those documented. They are largely reports from the United States, but reveal striking similarities to kindred finds in Europe, South America, the British Isles, Africa, China, the Middle and Near-East, Australia, and New Zealand – that is to say, virtually every corner of the earth.
Though the tales vary in detail, the fundamentals of the stories are often quite cohesive: giants corpses, frequently with light-colored hair, generally buried at a depth of between nine and twelve feet, and often interred with artifacts made of copper. Some accounts report the presence of items bearing strange hieroglyphs or symbols. That several of these finds were excavated from burial mounds seems to lend credence to the stories told to early settlers by Native Americans, i.e., that they didn’t know who built the mounds, because they were already there at the time that the “natives” arrived.
A number of Native American tribes (such as those in Colorado) have folk tales relating that a race of giants lived in America at a time prior to when their ancestors came there. Still others tell the story that a group of giant white gods came to live among them, after their own homeland (called the “White Man’s Island”) was destroyed by a flood.
It is almost a certainty that some Native American tribes not only coexisted with the giants, but also interbred with them, because the earliest explorers to the New World repeatedly documented coming into contact with Indian tribes of gigantic stature. Such episodes are noted in the chronicles of Amerigo Vespucci, Magellan, Coronado, De Soto, and Sir Francis Drake, both in North and South America.
Though the numerous accounts cited earlier are compelling, and are certainly supported by the eyewitness accounts of some of the world’s most esteemed and illustrious explorers, the sad fact remains that the most persistent commonality between all of these tales seems to be that the bones – the physical evidence – have all somehow gone missing. In some instances, this can be explained by the fact that local authorities, presuming the remains to be the property of indigenous peoples (Native Americans, Aborigines, Maoris, etc.), simply turned them over to tribal chieftains for reburial, and this without taking a single photograph, X-Ray, or DNA sample for testing (so as not to profane the relics).
Of course, the lion’s share of these discoveries were made in the 1800s, and many far earlier, at a time in which the rights of indigenous peoples and regard for their religious institutions constituted a matter of far less circumspection than in recent years. If, as Stephen Quayle seems convinced, there is a concerted conspiracy of silence surrounding this archeological evidence, then it is a conspiracy of, well, gigantic proportions. The accounts of these giant remain are too numerous and too far-flung for all of them to have been lost, stolen, or secreted away. And yet, I truly believe the accounts. They are supported not only by an overwhelming body of evidence found in mythology, but an equally overwhelming body of archeological evidence.
Witness the ruins of the many cyclopean cities referred to earlier. No one knows with any certainty either who built them, or (more importantly) how they were built. Witness the vast complexes of tunnels and underground cities associated with the fallen angels, and recall that many of their myths include the detail that they dwelt in underground kingdoms. Again, no one knows who built these cities or how they were built. But an interesting fact to keep in mind is that the tunnels associated with them were generally nine, ten, or even twelve feet in ceiling height (the same average heights as those of the giant skeletons found). Such tunnels can be found in South America, the Middle East, and even the Pacific Northwest of the United States. They are reputed to exist still undiscovered in Europe, Egypt, and the British Isles.
Regular readers of this magazine will already be aware of what a pivotal role the story of the Watchers plays in regards to our own research into the Grail mythos and the bloodline connected to it. So many avenues of inquiry central to our own basic thesis seem to have a direct relationship to the Giant lore connected with the Watchers. The kings of Atlantis? Giants. The Shining Ones? Giants. King Arthur, a figure central to the Grail lore? Also, a giant.
One of the first well-known paintings on the theme of Arcadia, Et in Arcadia Ego by Guercino, depicts a fairly straightforward and seemingly insignificant scene of a man gazing upon an apparently trepanned skull. When I looked at it, there seemed to be no hidden symbolism discernable. Until, that is, I noticed what appeared to be an odd disparity in proportion. The skull, for as close as it was relative to the onlooker, seemed far larger than it should have been.
Since the painter’s execution of this painting seemed masterly in every other respect, I concluded that perhaps his intent was to portray an oversized skull. Perhaps it represented the skeletal head of one of the primordial patriarchs of the Grail bloodline. If, as has been said, the grave of an ancient sacred king was somehow at Rennes-le-Chateau, perhaps those discovering it would open the tomb of a giant, a descendant of the Nephilim.
As time passed, and our research progressed, this initially abstract idea seemed increasingly possible. After reading ancient apocryphal texts which indicated that a number of biblical patriarchs were giants, it seemed altogether probable. Ultimately, reading about Abraham’s burial in the Cave of Treasures, I came to suspect that something far more profound might lie in wait at Rennes-le-Chateau. Abraham was an astrologer and magician who was said to have “traced his ancestry back to the Giants.” Upon his death, his body was carried to the Cave of Treasures, an underground necropolis where the bodies of all previous patriarchs were also interred, down to and including Adam and Eve.
In addition, the Cave included treasures, relics, and a sacred archive of his progenitors. While treasures and relics are of interest to archeologists and museum-going looky-loos, and sacred archives can be dismissed by academics as mere superstitious hyperbole, such items found in the context of a necropolis of gigantic skeletons might well constitute the basis for a rethinking of world history. These people constituted a living remnant of the antediluvian world, the mythological “First Time.” And since myth and history record that their final resting place was together, in a single location, I can only assume that they are still there.
In case you missed it:
TheSerapeum.com is 100% listener funded. Thank you for your support in our mission to Break the Cycle of Fake News.
If you value our work please consider supporting us with our vetted patriot sponsors!
RedPillLiving.com - Health & Beauty - Value Holistics & Quality CarbonShield60 - Doubled Lifespan in Mammal Studies! TimeStop - The Worlds Premier Beauty Cream! With CarbonShield60!
TheGreatAwakeningCoffee.com - Gourmet Coffee for Patriots!
GreenPillLiving.com - High Potency Full Spectrum CBD.
TheGreatAwakeningBooks.com - Censored Books for Patriots.
Join our Telegram chat: TheSerapeum.com/chat!